Monday, June 30, 2008

You Get What You Pay For!!!


Being a new mom means trying new things for the first time and learning a lesson not to do it again the next time. I know some of you may be big fans of JCPenney Portraits but I had a terrible experience. I'm trying to an optimist but it so isn't me. I took Christian to get his 5 month pictures taken and I was so disappointed. When we arrived at the portrait studio the woman made us wait because she had some other things to attend to even though we had an appointment. So Christian and I waited patiently for her to finish. Once we were finally called back to get started I felt like she was rushing me to get going but I looked past that and kept moving. Finally we got Christian ready for his first shot and he took one look at the woman and started crying. After figuring out that he just didn't want to look at the woman he wanted to look at mommy, we decided to have me make him laugh instead of the photo woman. That worked for the most part, but in the end she only ended taking about 9 frames. Most of them weren't centered, parts of his body were cut off or it just was a bad picture overall. I was so upset but decided to keep my cool and pick the pictures that I did like and not focus on what I didn't like (even though I only liked about two of them). While I was ordering my prints I said to myself "I guess you get what you pay for." I had coupons for $3.99 a sheet and she sure did a $3.99 a sheet job. Once we finished up I heard the woman saying she had to hurry up and finish her next appointment so she could leave early. So I pretty much got a rush job done because she had to leave early. Well I sure learned my lesson, you get what you pay for! Oh, and on top of it all you have to wait two weeks before your prints come back. I guess I got spoiled going to the Picture People where you leave the same day with your pictures and they do a wonderful job. Picture People here we come..... 




I didn't purchase this one because his arm was cut off. If they centered it, it would cost me $39.99!


Don't ask...I don't know what he was doing!


Now I thought this one was cute!

I think this is the one when he first took a look at the woman taking the pictures. He looks a little stunned.

4 comments:

emk said...

This made me laugh! I can't believe they'd charge you $39.99 to fix their own mistake with centering/cropping!! The model is AWFULLY cute, though!

Brenna said...

sorry you had a bad experience...good for you...to be able to be positive and get a few pics out of it. let us know how the picture people go!

Emily said...

Boo to JCPenney, Yay to Christian for bwing such a great model.

Gratitude Girl said...

He's a cutie no matter who's taking the picture! I hear Kiddie Kandids inside of Babies R Us is also good.