Saturday, November 8, 2008

Going Green!

Mr. C and I went to our first Green Festival today. It was held in Washington DC at the convention center. At first we were going to hop the train down because it's so much easier when it comes to driving and finding a parking spot and it's a part of "Going Green". But then I decided against it since it was just Mr. C and I, so we drove down. Of course when we got there I had to drive around for awhile looking for parking. After about 15 minutes I gave up and found a parking garage which cost me $10. I wasn't to thrilled about paying $10 considering the festival cost $15. Well to my surprise when we made into the convention center and waited in the very long line to buy my ticket, a woman was asking if anyone wanted a free a pass. Now who would turn that down. I gladly accepted the ticket from the woman and moseyed my way into the festival. (The $10 parking wasn't so bad after that.) 



Once we stepped foot (and stroller) into the festival there were tons of vendors. It was great. I got to try all kinds of organic food samples. I mean there were cookies, tea, cereal, brownies, granola bars, you name it they had it. And if you know me I tried every single sample that I came across. There were people giving presentations on several different things. One that caught my attention was a woman talking about the chemicals used on the produce sold in supermarkets. She had every chemical listed which was well over 20. She went into how some are harmful and just gave a whole spiel on it. I even purchased an organic t-shirt. Hey, we are all for saving the earth. We do our share in our household. Do you??



Mr. C needed a break from the stroller. He wanted to see what all the fuss about "Going Green" was. Mommy had to school him on what "Going Green" meant. I think he has the idea now.



To my dear readers, always remember: REDUCE. REUSE. RECYCLE.








No comments: